The Rouge Valley Health System Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy.
To reflect our commitment:
- The Foundation has adopted the Association of Health Care Philanthropy’s Donor Bill of Rights, which includes the statement that donors may be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- All Foundation employees and volunteers with access to personal information sign a Confidentiality Agreement that reflects their responsibility to respect and protect the information to which they are privy.
- Donor’s personal and financial information is retained by the Foundation for disclosure only to the Canada Revenue Agency and other regulatory agencies as required.
- The Foundation does not trade, rent or sell any personal information to other organizations.
- The Foundation has implemented electronic and manual security procedures to safeguard against the loss, misuse or alteration of donors’ personal information.
The Foundation collects and uses personal information for the purposes identified during its collection and has established policies for the retention and destruction of the information.
- Periodic contact about funding needs, services, donor recognition, or upcoming special events are made throughout the year. The Foundation respects the wishes of any individual who elects not to be contacted.
(Approved by the Board of Directors, February 25, 2004)